High kicking into the holiday season

Sydney Davenport, News Writer

Tis the season for holiday performances. This semester’s dance concert aligns perfectly with the winter season.
These dancers have been preparing for this performance all semester and they are ready to show their skills. Many are looking forward to dancing this week, after a long time off the stage.
“I used to dance but I stopped so I’m most excited to dance on a stage again,” junior Karly Smith said.
With this concert comes its challenges, especially with only one dance teacher to lead, direct, and choreograph every dance. Lori Crump being the only dance teacher, has the responsibility of choreographing every dance and putting the whole show on.
Most of the time in these performances there is always a sentimental piece that can hit home with anyone. This year is no exception, one of Crump’s classes is performing a sentimental piece to honor a friend of Crump’s that passed away.
“I’m looking forward to performing a piece that we did for all county dance called Sleep Deprivation, it honors one of Ms. Crump’s friends that passed,” junior Sophie Ignacio said.
With a lot to look forward to and some hard-hitting performances, the APAC is the only place you’ll want to be on Thursday, Dec. 8, and Friday, Dec. 9 at 7 pm. Come support our Titans!
Come support our dancing Titans this holiday season on Thursday, Dec. 8 or Friday, Dec. 9 in the APAC at 7 pm.