Event Blurbs: Homecoming Week

Ella Ashby

The West Forsyth Titan poses for a photo.

Sydney Davenport, News Writer

Hoco is a go this year, with fun activities throughout the week, including the new homecoming themes, the return of Powder Puff, the club parade, the Homecoming game and the announcement of the Homecoming court. With the Homecoming game comes the announcement of the Homecoming Court and naming the princes, princesses, king and queen. Along with the football game Friday, there will be a club parade where clubs walk around the track showing off their banners.
Spirit Days: The Homecoming themes are announced in the week prior to homecoming so students can participate in the fun and dress accordingly. The themes provide a fun spirited way for students to show off their creativity all week long. The themes this year include Adam Sandler Day on Monday, Country vs. Preppy Day on Tuesday, Decade/Throwback Day on Wednesday, Frat Boy Day on Thursday and Green & Gold Day on Friday.
Powder Puff: Two senior girl teams and two junior girl teams will go head-to-head as they play flag football under the lights. The game will include the performance by the dance team at halftime and the playing of the band during the game on Tuesday Oct. 11.
Club Parade: The Homecoming pep rally during school on Friday, Oct. 14 includes the Club Parade, where clubs show off their themed banners. The theme of club banners this year is perseverance through the decades. All clubs will participate in this event.
Homecoming Game: Homecoming is one of the biggest games of the year mainly because of the meaning the night holds. All students are invited to show out in the student section, follow this year’s camo theme and cheer on the Titans against Davie on Friday, Oct. 14. Show up loud and proud for a Homecoming win.
Homecoming Court: The moment everyone is truly waiting for on Friday night is the announcement of the Homecoming court. Each class votes for 3 boys and 3 girls who they want to win the title of Homecoming Court in the weeks prior. For each class only one boy and one girl are selected to be prince, princess, king and queen. The previously crowned seniors come back to crown the winning king and queen for the announcement of the court during halftime.
Homecoming is a time of school spirit and unity. From taking school-wide votes on spirit week themes, to cheering in the stands when the Homecoming Court is announced, it’s a great time to be a Titan.