Love has never been sweeter: Habitat for Humanity sells Candygrams

Alex Vargas

President Sydney Shofner and Hira Mien selling candygrams. The club has begun selling the candy as a way to raise money for their projects.

Alex Vargas, Online Editor

It’s that time of the year again; love is in the air and it’s the best time to share it with your friends and family. For others it’s a good day to show your significant other how important they are to you. Can’t think of a good gift for them? No worries. West’s Habitat for Humanity club has your back. Until Feb.12, students were able to send their loved ones a piece of candy with a personalized message attached.

“I think we’re going to end up selling about 300 in all,” Habitat for Humanity senior president Sydney Shofner said.

Each candy gram is $1 and all of the money raised from them will go straight to the Habitat for Humanity charity.

“They help less fortunate families who can’t afford a decent place to live, they provide them with certain benefits and help them pay for their homes,” senior member Hira Mien said.

Whether students have a Valentine or not, buying a candy gram is still a great way to show love and support to those unfortunate who may need it the most.