The Best Fest Of All: Key Club fall festival makes big impact

Leanna Bernish

Shuler Stemper, Alexa Russell and Lexi Tomlinson man the concessions booth at the Key Club fall festival. The festival donated its profits to the Boys and Girls Home of North Carolina.

Leanna Bernish, News Writer

The music of the Kona Ice truck floats through the air with the fall leaves. Bean bags are tossed, baked goods are consumed, and laughter permeates the crisp fall afternoon. The third annual Key Club Fall Festival took place at the Titan Tailgate on Oct. 25 after being rescheduled from Oct. 11 due to Hurricane Michael.

The festival had some beneficial differences from the previous year. It was coupled with the annual Key Club silent auction, and game tickets were sold during the festival instead of in a presale, both resulting in exceptional profits. Raising 700 dollars for Hurricane Florence relief and the Boys and Girls Home of North Carolina, the festival was successful for Key Club’s sponsor, Theresa Bryant, but her goal hasn’t been met yet.

“Our goal is to make 1300 dollars, so we’re going to continue to sell baked goods and do other things in order to raise the additional money for the kids,” Bryant said.

A crowd of more than 300 students, friends and family members attended the seasonal event. The festival had carnival games such as cornhole, basket toss and a cake walk, drawing many enthusiastic participants. Kona Ice and Chick-fil-A sold hot chocolate and food to the hungry high schoolers and their friends. Coupled with the care and generosity of the Key Club members and their guests, the antics of the evening made for a memorable night.

“My favorite part of the festival was seeing everyone’s smiling faces and having a good time,” junior Grace Bell said.

Key Club members Liv and Maddy Brandon helped the festival thrive by hyping up the crowd and making sales.

“The two of them really got people involved with the cake walk, and it was so awesome. It was hysterical. In fact, Maddy was singing instead of playing the music,” Bryant said.

Although they are looking forward to their future service opportunities, Theresa Bryant and her “Key Clubbers” are happy to have another successful festival in the bag.