Students Say What: Why are you looking forward to Thanksgiving more than Black Friday?

Kelly Kendall

Students tend to prefer Thanksgiving over Black Friday, why so?

Alex Vargas, Online Editor

“It’s the beginning of the Christmas season. Also you get to eat all day and watch the Charlie Brown special,” sophomore Julia Grossnickle said.

“I love getting to see all my family and it gets me so excited for Christmas, and I don’t enjoy Black Friday shopping,” sophomore Lillie Sutton said.

“Probably cause I just like to gather around with my family and you know, eat, cuddle, watch football, and I already have everything that I need, I don’t need any extra stuff and Black Friday’s just kind of hectic,” senior Katelyn Huff said.

“I don’t have money to spend on Black Friday; on Thanksgiving you actually get to spend time with your family, instead of going out and hurting people to buy random stuff that’s on sale for no reason,” junior Alex Bennett said.

“For family values and spending time with them, it also just so happens that my birthday is on Black Friday this year, but I still prefer Thanksgiving,” senior Tyler Nakata said.

“That’s when I get to see all my family, and Black Friday seems too hectic,” sophomore Regan Moblin said.

“Well, I want to eat a whole bunch of food and spend time with family and it’s always really crowded at stores and everyone is going crazy, so I’d rather just stay home and chill,” freshman Leslie Cuevas said.